Pages

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Audiophile

I'm an audiophile and i aspire to be a darn great one.
Slowly
but surely. ;D


My love for SOUND, started a long time ago. When i started listening to music from my parents. They exposed me to various kinds of genres jazz, blues, classical and etc. I found myself loving the sound of saxaphones. But there wasn't anyone teaching. So i had to learn the piano instead.

From there, i started gaining more knowledge on sounds. How to harmonize them, tunes which flow smoothly into your ears and into the subconscious mind. How to express emotion and deliver messages without the use of body language and vocals. Even so, i still loved jazz and blues. It's the sound of unused chords and notes blended so perfectly to form music so appealing.


I then tried other instruments, the guitar and drums. The guitar was a fun one. I tried every genre i could get out of my instructor. Learnt how to play acoustic, solos, metal and rock for the electricguitar, to country folk and flaminco!. People might think its a skill to boast, but personally my thirst to understand and know how one instrument can produce different sounds is just phenomenal.

I found out that im in love with sounds and not so much the music.


The drums thought me about beats, and be more aware of them. It's really moving. Slowly i found out that i don't care about music.. or the lyrics.. . I realised i was listening to the instruments strings bass and how rich it sounds when all combined. The quality of the sound how crisp it is.

Slowly i became obsessed with sound quality and to get that i had to get good systems. I respect all kinds of music genres. All being special in their own way, only waiting for a pair of ears which are suited for it. For bass i find techno, trance, certain jazz and blues. For frequency, i find orchestras, symphonies and acoustics.

I use to love alternative rock, metal and grunge(i use to play it on my guitar when im angry). But i think that phase is over. I guess im older o-o?, can't hear it for a long time. Too much noise(like photos with noise...), you dont hear anything and can't appreciate the sound, no pun intended.

Personally, i lean towards more to bass when it comes to sound. For that people always misunderstand me for me for being a LALA on Drugs girl that only wants to be high. Its true that when i hear sounds that are good and creatively pieced together, i go high, its freakin better than drugs.

just got a flac codec song. FREE LOSSLESS AUDIO CODEC.
47MB for one SONG. how cool is that. wahahah.


But well, i don't expect people to understand, im jut weird... . I will continue to build my empire of great sound systems ;D. Currently having a 42neodynium AT headphone ;D heaven with a x-fi soundcard. That will do for now, while living with my sister.

No comments: