Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

sea cucumber


my dad's favorite, slug? ... sea cucumber. I didn't know that it was that troublesome to cook. I also don't understand why is it such an expensive dish among asians?. It tastes like nothing, texture is like jelly or fat and has no cholesterol.


But anyway, props to my dad. I have to admit that my dad has become quite a good cook, specially restaurant dishes like assam prawn, steamed angle fish, diff sorts of crab, kau yok and other old school dishes. He even makes his own xo sauce ... o-o... all sorts of soup. I always place my order for the next day. ahahaha.


I guess he got bored and started to pick up cooking. He always pesters me to cook with him. Its not that i don't want to learn, he is just really slow in movement and also explanation. I want straight forward orders, boom boom DONE.


What i noticed is that he loves it when people puji his cooking (duh) and i also find it funny when people tell my mom since she's retired she can cook for my dad and the family. rofl. It actually took me sometime to get used to the whole eat-together at one table with actual home cooked food. I'm happy, but to be honest i don't really care if we do eat together or whether it is a home cooked meal I have already dropped that dream a long time ago. Only love it when my gma cooks ehee.

No comments: