Pages

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Discern

For the past few days, I've been reading articles mainly about how volatile and unjust my country has become. All I felt while and also after reading was just pure outrage.

Appalled by the lengths we go to in order to voice out and how we get put down by our own people!. The trend these days are demonstrations, what do you do when you want to get heard? ORGANIZE A DEMONSTRATION!!, tear gas and chemically laced water canons discretion is advised. sigh.

I don't even want to get into Perak's political crisis.

The most recent read was about a demonstration by people from Kedah, Terengganu and Kelantan where they protested for Maths and Science to be reverted back to Malay. They claim that this change six years ago has corroded the use of the Malay language.

What is education then?, if not to create well mannered and witty youths of tomorrow, then tell me what is the main reason for education. I say try fixing the more important issues that can be seen just by looking around. For example, the social misfits and misbehavior's by spoiled youth. If action is not even taken on this, schools with the best education facilities and teaching systems would well in my opinion have failed.

We are all currently in a troubled age, even if you and I do not feel it, it is because our parents are currently the umbrellas, our front line of protection.

I always end up saying to myself is, "But what can I do?".

The only way we can save ourselves is if we be discern, identify and be aware of what is happening now then only is change imaginable.

**i'm no big shot like obama, i'm just voicing my concerns.

No comments: